"Look at the sky, tell me what do you see? Just close your eyes and describe it to me... The heavens are sparkling with starlight tonight. That's what I see through your eyes. I see the heavens each time that you smile. I hear your heartbeat just go on for miles. And suddenly I know my life is worthwhile..."

Saturday, September 6, 2008

"Roommates who pray together, stay together!"

Hey everyone!! This last week has been crazy! On Monday, I went back to Boise for just a couple of days before moving to Rexburg. I spent those few days visiting my best friends and packing (sorta) for the big move. (See, I didn't really want to pack in Orem, so stuff was just kind of thrown into random boxes and trash bags, and when I got to Boise I had no idea where anything was so I had to unpack it all and then repack it again!) Monday night we got to Boise at about 10. Dad and Samantha jumped out of the car and I raced over to Andrew's!! I was so excited to see him! Then, I had to go pick William up from work at the theater so when I picked him up I got to see my Shanni!!!! Tuesday, I had a dentist appointment and found out I have to get my wisdom teeth pulled in April! YUCK! aha. I hung out at home for a little while, Andrew's family came over for a B.B.Q. and games, and Shanni and Meagan slept over at my house =] I missed these girls soo sooo much! We got up bright and early, went to breakfast with my Sydney!! Then I spent the rest of the day shopping for food, eating lunch with Samantha, getting ice cream with my Carter Ray, and saying bye to Roo (Andrew).

On Wednesday, we shipped the kids off to school and Mom and Dad and I made the 4 hour trip to Rexburg. We got here at about 1-ish and they helped me get all settled. I met my roommates! I live in Lamprecht hall (girl's dorms at BYU-I) and so we have a cute little kitchen, living room, bathroom, and 2 bedrooms. My roommate is Talia. She's so cute! She is from Arizona and is majoring in Early Childhood/Special Education. Across the hall from us is Kristilynn and Andrea who are also great! That night we stayed up and talked for a little while, then had a prayer together (note: "Roommates who pray together, stay together!") and went off to our bunk beds! (HAHA Jessica - I can totally see myself falling off of it! And Talia said I was giggling in my sleep last night! lol) We have been doing some of the Get Connected stuff for freshmen these last few days, and when we aren't doing the Get Connected activities, we have adventures of our own.

For example:

A. Talia and I went to go get my textbooks yesterday at the bookstore and when we went to pay they asked for my I-Card. Well, I didn't know I needed that to get my books, so I spent about 5 minutes searching for it before she could charge me for them!! After I finally found it, I was so glad to leave the bookstore that I forgot to wait for my receipt, so we had to turn around and go back in to get it with all the same people staring at me, probably thinking "Ahh, freshmen...." *sigh* Needless to say, I was a little embarrassed.

B. Talia and I went to the library after the bookstore because she needed to print something off the computer. So we go inside, not knowing which computers we could use that would print. We look around cluelessly and finally make it to a computer that is labelled PRINTER. We get excited because it must print if it says PRINTER on it. WRONG. It does print, but this is the computer you use once you've already sent the document to the printer. We feel a little stupid, but we make our way to another group of computers. Talia and I sit down and send documents to the printer, then I get up to use my I-Card at the PRINTER computer. Come to find out, you have to pay for the prints with your I-Card. I didn't have any money on mine so I sit back down and Talia asked me if it worked. I told her you had to have money on it and we were contemplating how to pay for the prints since neither of us had money on our cards. Then, the girl next to Talia tells us we can pay at the check-out and they can put money on the I-Card so we can print. She was probably thinking, "Ahh, freshmen...." *sigh*

C. My roommates and I leave to visit one of Talia's friends at his apartment. We still don't know our way around the campus very well, but we head out, determined to find it. Well, as we are walking after about ten minutes, we realize we passed his street. We are already pretty far from the street, so instead of turning all the way around, we decide to cut through one of the football fields and it would just be a clear shot from there. We reach the end of the football field and realize that there was a drop-off right there, and straight into a bunch of sagebrush and weeds, and a fence. We didn't want to look stupid in front of all the boys playing football, so we decide to take a picture of the sunset to make it look like we intended to do that. Then, we turn to the left and start walking that way, still determined not to turn around. At the end of that side of the field, however, was another drop-off, and on both sides of the corner. Finally, we climb down one side over a bunch of rocks and weeds, and start back on our way to her friend's house. Once we reached his house, we discovered that he had been watching us the whole time as we had cut across the field, got stuck, and took the long way, and then had to do some rock climbing. He was laughing pretty hard at us. "Ahh, freshmen...." *sigh*

So hopefully there won't be many more moments like these because they are a little embarrassing, but at least I'm not alone in this!! My roommates are so fun :) Last night we pulled out my mattress and laid it in the living room so we could watch a movie. We baked (or at least tried to bake) some delicious chocolate chip cookies. ahaha.

Anyway, I feel like I am at EFY. Hopefully this will change once classes start on Monday. I really do love it here though. There really is an incredible feeling here, The Spirit of Ricks. Its amazing. Everyone is so friendly, and even though I forget their names thousands of times they are so forgiving and continue to kindly remind me of their names. I really believe I made the right choice in coming to BYU-Idaho. It is going to be amazing; I know it!!

I love you all and hope you are all doing well. Please text me, call me, email me. I'm still not in classes and definetely not too busy yet to talk to you. Even when classes do start, I would love to talk to you! Have a great day everyone!

<3 Jenny

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh my Jenny's all grown up and going to college. I'm so jealous of your adventures. haha. When I get there we can make some of our own. :) Boise State is nothing compared to BYU-I it sounds. YAY! Party!