"Look at the sky, tell me what do you see? Just close your eyes and describe it to me... The heavens are sparkling with starlight tonight. That's what I see through your eyes. I see the heavens each time that you smile. I hear your heartbeat just go on for miles. And suddenly I know my life is worthwhile..."

Thursday, September 18, 2008

"sometimes fantasies are better than reality"

So I was in my History & Philosophy of Education class today, and I learned that I am most definetely an idealist. I would much rather spend my time dreaming than living in reality. I saw a quote in Deseret Book one time that really struck me and I loved it right away, but now I realize why I like it so much. "You know you're in love when reality is finally better than your dreams." I think this applies to me more than just 'being in love'. I think that I know I love my life when reality is finally better than my dreams. Until then, I'll just continue fantasizing and living a happy life, just a little incomplete. Just thought I'd share that with whoever reads this because I think it is a big part of who I am.

No comments: