"Look at the sky, tell me what do you see? Just close your eyes and describe it to me... The heavens are sparkling with starlight tonight. That's what I see through your eyes. I see the heavens each time that you smile. I hear your heartbeat just go on for miles. And suddenly I know my life is worthwhile..."

Sunday, October 26, 2008

the answer to my prayers...

For the last few weeks, I have been pleading, begging to God for help. There is an area in my life that I feel is missing. I prayed every night for the last few weeks for guidance and instruction. I'm not really sure what I was looking for, maybe a light up arrow sign that fell from the sky and implied a way I should go. Maybe even a "DO NOT ENTER" or "YIELD" would be very appreciated. Well, of course none of that happened. The Father speaks through a still, small voice. I was reminded this week that rather than praying and quickly slipping into a deep sleep, I should kneel a little longer to ponder and listen for the Holy Ghost's promptings. Well, this is just now kicking in. In addition, my roommates and I read Proverbs 3 tonight for our nightly roomie scripture study/prayer. Two verses REALLY stuck out to me:

5- Trust in the Lord with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding.
6- In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths.

I know that I need to trust in the Lord. I have always felt like I do trust Him, but it hit me tonight. All of a sudden, I realized that I need to put all of my faith in Him. 100%. Not 80%. Not even 99.9999%. 100% needs to be dedicated to Christ. Why this took me so long to realize, I have no idea. But then I realized, that maybe my prayer had already been answered and I missed it, or, my Heavenly Father has something different planned for me than I have planned for myself. Maybe I need to ponder longer after I pray to be more apt to hearing the Spirit. OR MAYBE He hasn't answered yet! Why did I think that this answer would come so quickly?

Anyway, moral of the story is that I need to have absolute faith in my Savior. He is the way, the truth, the life, and the light! He is my Shepard.

Goals:
-Ponder for a few minutes after praying. Listen for an answer.
-Read my patriarchal blessing every week.

Have a fantastic day everyone! I love you! Have faith in Christ <3

No comments: