"Look at the sky, tell me what do you see? Just close your eyes and describe it to me... The heavens are sparkling with starlight tonight. That's what I see through your eyes. I see the heavens each time that you smile. I hear your heartbeat just go on for miles. And suddenly I know my life is worthwhile..."

Sunday, October 12, 2008

Buddy the Elf, what's your favorite color?

Upon meeting my roomies, I discovered that Kristilyn was a huge fan of Christmas. Actually, huge doesn’t even begin to describe the intense passion she has for Christmas. We always joke that she starts celebrating in July every year. It doesn’t make any sense to her why Christmas is only one day in the year. Why can’t we celebrate every day?

I have thought the same thing a lot. Christmas should be celebrated every day of our lives! Christmas is the day that we rejoice in our Savior’s birth!! Why is it then that we only celebrate during December?

We have already started regularly singing Christmas songs in our apartment. Our house is so cheery. I believe that this is one of the reasons why the Spirit has been so noticeably present here: We are always honoring our Savior by rejoicing in His birth and having Christmas Spirit reside permanently here.

On Friday we had the first snow of the season. It only lasted a few minutes, but it was so exciting and we decided to have a Christmas sleepover party that night. So last night we did just that. Talia painted all our nails with the holiday red, green, and white and even painted little snowmen, snowballs, Christmas trees, and holly on our nails. As she painted, Kristilyn and I quietly sang every Christmas song we could think of. That hour was the happiest I have felt in a long time.

Everything felt so perfect. We then watched “Elf” and all fell asleep, so tonight we watched it again just to make up for what we missed out on.

Buddy the Elf from the movie reminds me SO much of Kristilyn! He is so merry and happy and sincere, just like my roommate. I can’t help but feel so happy watching that movie :)



I really can’t wait until Christmas! Halloween still hasn’t even come yet, but I am dieing for Christmas! It feels like it should be tomorrow….
Have a wonderful day tomorrow everyone. Keep that Christmas Spirit permanently in your hearts because it only makes you happy. I love it!

<3 Me

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Haha! I love it!!!
Thank you! :)
Jenny...Give me a hug. I love you!!!!
Your fav.,

Kristilyn