"Look at the sky, tell me what do you see? Just close your eyes and describe it to me... The heavens are sparkling with starlight tonight. That's what I see through your eyes. I see the heavens each time that you smile. I hear your heartbeat just go on for miles. And suddenly I know my life is worthwhile..."

Monday, October 20, 2008

soundtrack to my life

My weekend was a blast! It seriously couldn't have gotten any better...

Friday:
Bonfire!! Erica came to visit! I spent Friday night with her and Nichole :) We went to a bonfire with Nichole's ward and it was so fun! The bonfire was at the sand dunes. It was a funny mix between the super cool sand and the blazing fire - finding a good temperature was a challenge, but between eating the mouth watering s'mores, laughing by the fire, and "squatting" adventures, the bonfire was a blast.
Mama Mia! This was like a breakthrough! I feel like I live in this little bubble, and it was really nice to go to a movie theater and watch a movie again! I almost think that the last movie I saw in theaters was Batman...CRAZY! That was such a long time ago! Anyway, Mama Mia was seriously an amazing movie. I LOVED IT!
Sleepover!! I spent the night at Nichole's apartment which was fun. I liked meeting her roomies, but most of all just giggling with Erica and Nichole over the night's escapades.

Saturday:
Backdrop Painting!! Spray painting is definetely my new favorite hobby. AND I am SOOOO excited for Fall Formal on Friday :D
Jamba Juice!! Benjamin took me to Walmart, and then so kindly bought me Jamba Juice. What an amazing fhe brother/home teacher/friend I have :D
Chicken Enchiladas :) Trevor, Benjamin, and 2 of Benjamin's friends came and made us "linner" (lunch/dinner). It was DELICIOUS!! Words can't even begin to desribe how scrumptious they were....
Date with Jason (The EQP of the EOP haha) The plan was to go to the ice caves. He would pick me up at 5 and we'd be back at 10. (Benjamin, Trevor, and Talia all made a point of reminding him of my "curfew" haha) So he picked me up at 5 as planned, and we headed out. No one in our group had been to the ice caves before and they all had been given different directions on how to get there. For 5 HOURS we were off-roading, desperately searching every dirt road for the way to the ice caves. So, for 5 HOURS we talked in the car, which is amazing! 5 hours is long enough for me to drive from Boise to Orem, that's how long that drive was!! We talked about anything and everything that came to mind - needless to say, it was a very random conversation. We never did find the ice caves...but it was a fun date nonetheless.
More food! As soon as Jason and I got back, we sat around and talked to my roomies for a while, and all of a sudden Benjamin threw open the door (dramatic, huh?) and burst out, "Who's hungry?!" aha. Trevor and Benjamin took us out for Wendy's. BEST HAMBURGER in a long time...
Miss Congeniality Slumber Party! We came back and had a sleepover party with the girls from fhe...actually, only Emily was able to stay for the sleepover, but they all came and said hi. It was fun :)

Sunday:
Dinner && Games!! We invited Michael, Colin, Zach, and Nephi over for dinner. We made them Andrea's famous chicken quesadillas and ate chips and salsa (mom's homemade kind!) yummm.... There wasn't enough room at the table, so just for fun we ate on the floor and had an indoor picnic :) Then we played Scum, Mafia, I Have Never, and BS. It was so fun!!

All in all, I woke up today happy and rejuvenated, ready for another amazing week here at BYU-I. Life just keeps getting better and better with every passing day. I continue to love my roommates more and more, and my testimony in the Savior is always increasing. I love being here; I love this campus.

Anyway, I am off to fhe. We are carving pumpkins today!!!!!!!! I am so excited :)

Have a great night everyone! I love you!

<3 Me

No comments: